Agios Nikolaos, meaning Saint Nicholas, is a coastal town lying east of Crete's capital Heraklion and north of the town of Lerapetra.
Agios Nikolaos is best known as a tourist town, serving as a hub to twenty or so small villages and towns that make up part of Lassithi.
Tourist attractions and sightseeing places include:
• Priniatikos pyrgos - a 3000 year old archaeological site settled in the final neolithic era
• The small lagoon of lake Voulismeni
• numerous small beaches
• the tiny island of Agioi Pantes
• The Archaeological Museum
• the local flora exhibition called Iris
• and plenty of fairs
With so much to explore and see in the wonderful town of Agios Nikolaos, the best way to see everything that this town has to offer is to hire a car.
Hiring a car from Rental Center Crete could not be more simpler, either visit us at one of our many locations, including Chania car hire and Car hire in Heraklion or pre book your car on our website and pick it up when you arrive.
See Agios Nikolaos in style with rental center Crete